You've subscribed to The Skiff. Future payments will be taken automatically from the card that you signed up with.
We're very happy to have you aboard as a member of our little community of freelance, independent and mobile workers in the middle of Brighton. The Skiff operates on a not-for-profit basis, and the space is run by its members, for its members. The more you contribute to the space and the community, the more you'll get out of it. If you have an idea on how to improve something please share it; we'll probably say go for it (and may be able to provide funds)!
There are seven things you need to do to complete the joining process:
1) Complete the new member form. This step is very important, you'll be sent more information once you complete this step.
2) Sign up for a membership management account here. This will enable you to update your personal information e.g. if you move house, and request changes to your membership.
3) Accept the invitations to join our email discussion group and chatroom. Once you've filled in the new member form, you'll receive invites from Groupbuzz and Slack, at the email address that you signed up with, in the next day or two.
4) Have a read of our document on how The Skiff works.
5) Collect a key fob from the Welcome Aboard Boat (this lives in The Galley, above the sink) and put your serial number in here to activate it - you’ll need to use this to gain entry whenever you come to The Skiff. There will be an envelope with your name on in the post tray.
6) Come, get some work done and meet some of your fellow members. We're at 30 Cheapside, Brighton BN1 4GD (the front entrance can be found on Blackman Street). Our standard opening hours are 10am to 6pm on weekdays. There's no need to book a desk or sign in.
If you ever wish to upgrade, downgrade or cancel your subscription at any time, you can do this through the membership management page. We ask that you please give us as much notice as possible of any changes, at least a month if you're cancelling your membership (i.e. if you joined on the 15th, please inform us that you would like to leave by the 14th of the previous month).
If you have any questions not answered there you can ask another member (they're all very friendly!), email us or ask the community via the discussion group.
We wish you a very happy and productive time at The Skiff!
(Founders of The Skiff)
- Inuda Community - http://inuda.org
- Wired Sussex - http://wiredsussex.com